I Caught A Student Doing…

He kicks up a big fuss about reading. Says he hates it. Won’t go near a chapter book.

Last week I celebrated because he got lost…in a book.

Guess what I caught him doing at lunchtime today?

Reading a book in the library!!!!!!

Of course I went straight to his classroom teacher to report him.

Hee hee…I’m one happy teacher today.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Kids, Life, Teaching Ideas. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to I Caught A Student Doing…

1. Zalman says:

Isn’t it great when a plan comes together. You are the A Team

2. M says:

I hope he gets into similar trouble for years to come

3. dillymum says:

i smell a poster in the making…….

4. TheUrbanMum says:

Now that is the BEST feeling – nothing melts my heart faster than creeping past TheEldestSon’s room and seeing him pouring over a book. Wonderful.x

5. Jenny says:

I love the idea that you ‘reported’ him to his teacher! We should do more of that kind of thing – reporting positive behaviors and exciting observations to teachers and parents. Awesome.

Wow – many happy returns (to the book!!!!)

7. Lub says:

You reap what you sow. Enjoy the reward :)

8. Last week I “caught” my daughter working on multiplication in room. Seriously. She had her door shut and she was being all sneaky about it. Too funny!

Great post. Thanks. I love the five-finger test, too.

9. Kristy says:

I love this post. I am a big ole bookworm, but I haven’t always been one. I had trouble learning to read, when finally a teacher took extra time to help me learn. My Mom likes to say that I struggled a lot to read at first but once I learned they could never get me to stop. The Teacher that took that extra time to help me is still my absolute favorite and at 25 I still like to pop in and say hello. He is the Superintendent of our district these days.

10. Julie says:

That’s wonderful. What a great feeling,

11. Kelly says:

This is my home this week! My son lacks confidence, he just assumes he won’t be able to read it. He just entered 1st grade. Tues morning he picked up a Junie B Jones book and has fallen in love with it! He is so proud of every page he completes. So proud of him!