Seven Things About Me…

Essential Mama Baby has awarded me a Versatile Blogger Award. I am over the moon!  Fly over to over to Essential Mama Baby where she aims to “… connect to other moms and to talk about the best experience of all: Motherhood. Essential Mama Baby is more than a name, is more than a blog, it is from one mother to another.”

The Rules after accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:

• Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
  • Share 7 things about yourself
  • Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.

Here we go – seven things about myself that you might not know already.*

1. I can eat a whole slab of chocolate by myself. In one afternoon. And not vomit. At all.
  2. If I am teaching one student before recess, my stomach (not me) will launch into its own mini-operetta. Without fail. I don’t even get embarrassed by it anymore…but I think my poor students do. My stomach is actually quite talented on some days.
  3. I never started out at a teacher. I wonder if I will end up being a teacher.
  4. My new neighbours look at me strangely. Either they can smell my cooking, or they have heard me sing.
  5. I have written my final blog post in my head a number of times because I crumple at the thought of fitting it all in.
  6. I hate getting dressed in the morning. I would be a far better teacher if I could inspire kids while wearing my good old granny pyjamas and slippers in the classroom.
  7. Once a week my sister and I do kickboxing training with a pro kickboxer in a makeshift gym above his car mechanic workshop. [ Don’t shudder mom… we know]  The first time I did this I vomited on the way home. In my next life, I hope my creator will get it right and allow me to vomit when I consume the chocolate but ensure I can exercise happily all afternoon.

I am passing on this award to the following blogs (in alphabetical order) Maybe you would like to visit them too:

1. Creating Lifelong Learners
  10. Teaching With TLC
  11. Nina’s Arena
  12. Organized Chaos
  13. Planet Weidknecht
  14. Teachers at Risk
  15. Urban Mum

* Husband is totally horrified that I have admitted these things about myself. Let me know what you think.

This entry was posted in About me, Life. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Seven Things About Me…

1. teachermum's dad says:

I cannot for the life of me work out where the chocolate thing came from. In our house you were not allowed to take 1 square.It had to be at least 2.

2. Thank you so much!!! I’m honored!

3. Princess Frog says:

A whole slab of chocolate? Who would have thought?

4. Su says:

Can just picture you at school in your PJs. You might just scare the kids away.
    I can understand why husband was nervous. (hee..hee…)

5. dillymum says:

1. Teenagers actually shudder when you sing out loud. make the most of it while junior Son and Senior son are pre-teen.
    2. Teenagers will move out if you leave home in anything less than a matching outfit, shoes, bag etc. make the most of having boys.
    3. I see you on the slab, and raise you double .With out vomiting.
    4. New neighbours look at you strangely ‘cos they think you are happy. If you can wipe out a slab of chocolate you ARE happy. If you love your granny pj’s, you ARE happy. If you are singing, you ARE happy. People look at happy people strangely because they want to be you. Relish the moment.

Dillymum
      Consider this an official invite to do a guest post on my blog.
      I can pay…even in chocolate.
      You are hysterical.

6. mamawolfe says:

Oh my goodness, thank you! I am honored that you chose my blog, mamawolfe, to receive this award! I will link up with you after I’m done teaching today! :)
    ~http://mamawolfe-living.blogspot.com

7. TheUrbanMum says:

What a glorious surprise to wake up to! I thank you from the bottom of my heart… I sincerely love your Blog – every post is absolutely on the mark. Coming from a place of experience and great care.
    Have a wonderful day. I look forward to “passing the Award on”. x

8. Thank you so much for your nomination! I am so excited!!! ☺

Did you ever get an award for an award before? Well the girls created an award at TBA for our Top Ten and I just posted it. (Of course you do not have to list your favorite sites again) but I wanted to say a big THANK YOU and now you can have a nice button for your blog, too!

Visit my post at http://bit.ly/r9wIoN to learn more and make sure to grab your button here http://bit.ly/rtHPbL

9. Mikki says:

Congratulations on winning this award! I’m a new follower, dropping in from the Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop. If you would, please drop by my blog at http://momsbestnest.blogspot.com/ and consider a follow back. Thanks!

10. What a wonderful list and a wonderful Award! I love it!

So, the chocolate think..I could probably do that too, except then I would be VERY sick. I have the odd ability to NOT throw up, even when I know it will make me feel better. I just hate doing it. So if i were to eat the whole bar of chocolate, I could keep it down, but I’d be miserable. lol.

I admire all teachers that are diligent enough to get up and get dressed to go teach. Some days I’m lucky if i”m dressed for the bus stop that early in the morning.

I’m glad I stopped by via Voiceboks Members to remember.