Husband Help 101 – Things He SHOULD Say

You need to make me a list of things I should say, so that I can just look it up and say the right number and then never get it wrong.”

Of course I could not resist the opportunity to launch into such a sensible request made by my very wise Husband a few weeks ago.  I, naturally, took him literally and have been working away furiously on a few of the numbers ever since.

Here we go:

#2: Yes – it actually does make your bum look big, but you should put on that green dress because you look amazing in that.

# 8: The black shoe looks better.

#16: Woah – that outfit looks great!  (I’m not sure “Sleek and sexy in a slimming sort of way,” is that credible anymore but it still beats a traditional Yes!” and run for your life response.)

#24: I still love you. Very much.*

#29: Yes

#30: Yes dear

#31: Of course

#32: What pimple?

# 38: Dinner was outstanding tonight. It was good of you to cook for a change. (Ahem!)

#39: I’m cooking dinner tonight! Again.

#42: Mmm….A boat cruise…

#49: I would be honoured to carry you over the threshold. (Sorry love, but pushing me over in a trolley just won’t cut it.)

#54: Right – you have put on some weight but it’s okay…  I don’t mind.

#55: What extra weight? I can’t see any.

# 68: You are just as glamorous, beautiful and magnificent as the day I met you. In fact, you are even more so. (Do not snigger.)

Want to help me complete and perfect my list? Add your number now. You may even want to print and place it in a highly visible area…

* Provide authentic back-up for this. Needs to be stronger than “Just ‘cos,” and “I’m still here, aren’t I?”

This entry was posted in About me, Dilemmas, Life. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Husband Help 101 – Things He SHOULD Say

1. Princess Frog says:

#3 go watch Real Housewives – I’ll do the dishes!

2. dillymum says:

this is THE best chicken/soup/lasagne/fish (fill in appropriate meal) i have EVER tasted! (note to hubbies: do NOT ask where it was bought or you lose the impact of previous statement and may be hit over head with frying pan)

3. Camilla says:

Go back to sleep darling. I’ll get up for the crying baby.

4. Momma says:

You don’t have a big bum so how can it look big in that?

5. Laura says:

“Who brought that over?” should ALWAYS be replaced with “You make the most amazing desserts!” If I didn’t actually make it, you still get brownie points.

6. zalman says:

“I don’t agree with you but I still love you dearly”

7. Bec says:

I am still laughing my head off. Ha ha ha ha ha
    My contribution is : Sorry – because that is something he forgets to say.

8. The Husband says:

All I can say is that as an old veteran number 2 is definitely a trap.

9. Terri says:

Ha ha I love this. I can’t think of any to add. You did a great job.

10. Melanie says:

#1: I just want to cuddle tonight, honey.

(Love the list, and I just had to add this as my no. 1)

11. Holly says:

I love your “About” page! We have much in common. I am a mom to 3 and a teacher. My endorsement is in early childhood education and I am only 2 courses shy of my early childhood special ed. endorsement as well. 🙂
    I am a new follower. I’d love it if you came by to follow back and enter my current giveaways for a new children’s book and $40 via PayPal!

~Holly
    Twins Plus One, Three Times the Fun

12. This is too funny!! Thanks for adding your blog to my blog directory!! Love the picture!!

13. Mrs. Tuna says:

Of course you can have the whole house to yourself for the Ladies Wine Potluck, I don’t mind having to watch the Nascar race in the garage…..

14. Alissabeth says:

Too funny! I agree with all of the above comments…lol.

Visiting from the hop. Just signed on as your second follower!

Got to the linky too late, but if you aren’t following yet, I’d love to have you!

15. Cookie's Mom says:

Great post! Brilliant suggestion by hubby!

#37 What mess? I was just going to say what a great job you’ve done of keeping the house tidy.

#62 No, YOU sleep in tomorrow. I’ll get up with the kids.

Hopping over from the I Love My Online Friends blog hop and following you!

16. Melanie says:

I’ve already commented but I thought this was a great entry to my Crowning Moments! hop. Thank you so much for coming over and sharing this awesome post with my readers. I love it!